Welcome to Undercliffe Surgery
The practice relocated to new purpose built premises in July 2010, conveniently located in the centre of Heckmondwike. The building is shared with another practice, although we remain completely separate, and we occupy the ground floor.
The new building offers modern, spacious facilities enhanced by plenty of on-site parking and an attached pharmacy, and allows us to expand the range of services available from the surgery staff.
We hope to provide our patients with an efficient, friendly and up-to-date service, and that you will find this website useful in guiding you through the people who work within the practice and how to use the surgery to its best effect.
From 1st December 2014 and following feedback and listening to our patients views we will have appointments available for advance booking.
In addition appointments will be available to book on the day for those patients who have an URGENT NEED to see a clinician.
Online patient services
Avoid the queue - Once you have a login and password set up by reception staff you can order your repeat prescriptions, book and cancel appointments on-line by clicking the buttons below:
Changes to telephone options: Please note that from Thursday 1st January 2015 the ordering of prescriptions via the telephone will no longer be available. There are a number of alternative methods for you to order your prescription:
- If you have access to the internet you can request your prescription via Systm Online (see button above) - please speak to reception staff for more details
- If you have access to a fax machine you can fax your request to us on 01924 412890
- You can send your request via the post enclosing a stamped addressed envelope for us to return the prescription to you
- You can also request your prescription via your local pharmacy
- Alternatively you can fill in a prescription request form at the reception desk
Appointments, test results and other enquiries remain the same please see below:
- Requesting/cancelling/changing appointments - 8am til 6pm
- Requesting test results and any other enquiries - 11am til 6pm
The surgery is open from 8.00am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday and we are closed on Saturdays and Sundays. The surgery is also open late 1 evening a week please ask the receptionist for details. To see a doctor or nurse please book your appointment on-line, telephone us or come into the surgery to book an appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: The surgery closes once a month on a Tuesday from 1pm until 8am the following day for training. Emergency cover is provided during this period.
An appointment system is operated at all times.
Outside Surgery Hours
Telephone closure: Please note that the main switchboard number will be closed on Thursday lunchtimes 1pm to 2pm. There will be an alternative number to call in an EMERGENCY during this telephone closure. The building remains open and the front reception desk will be manned during this time.
16 Union Street,
You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help.